This project is funded by the European Union (EU) and is implemented by WYG International on behalf of the EU Delegation to Republic of Serbia.
|Official title of the project||
Film Friendly Environment – Increase Serbia’s Regional Competitiveness as a Film Location Destination
Serbia, Greater Belgrade Area and northern regions of the country
|Budget / EC contribution||EUR 217,865 / EUR 191,024|
-Detailed insight into all aspects of local situation relevant to the action provided
-Local authorities’ equipped with the regulatory framework recommendations needed to optimize the process of cooperation with film production
- Municipalities formalize their commitment to developing Film Friendly program by signing Memorandum of Understanding and Code of Conduct
- Raised capacity of the target groups to develop Film Friendly capacities/to better meet the needs of international productions
- Increased interaction between the stakeholders – film industry, local supporting industries and local authorities
- Support platform to Film Friendly practices made available to target groups
- Raised public visibility of the action and the FF concept
- Independent monitoring and evaluation of the action conducted
|Beneficiary||Serbia Film Commission|
Lead partner: Serbia Film Commission
Partners: Serbian Investment and Export Promotion Agency (SIEPA)
National Alliance for Local Economic Development (NALED
Please include if applicable:
|Summary of the project||South East Europe has been a favorite fim making destination for years. Located in the heart of Europe, offering good service at low price and developed infrastructure, this region is quite competitive on the international film production market. This is also a good chance for Serbia too and production on location in Serbia has risen in last four years. The overall objective of the action is to increase in competitiveness of Serbia and Greater Belgrade and Vojvodina regions in particular-as a film making destination in South Eastern Europe. This objective will be achieved through development of regulatory framework recommendations, organization of a public conference, organization of trainings and network events, development of on line portal and certification process.|
|Main goal of the project||
Increase in competitiveness of Serbia – and Greater Belgrade and Vojvodina regions in particular – as a film making destination in South Eastern Europe
Increase the capacity of local authorities to efficiently participate in film production projects by reducing the “red tape” and fostering networking with private sector.
Support the growth of film industry and supporting industries (local vendors/service suppliers) by helping them to better respond to needs of international productions, and to establish networks of cooperation with local authorities and between each other.